Warm wasabi beef, soba noodle and spinach salad
Time to make: 55 mins
( Hands-on time: 30 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 500g lean rump steak, fat trimmed
- spray olive oil
- 180g dried soba noodles
- 2 bunches broccolini, or 4 cups broccoli florets
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 medium red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted, to garnish
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 5g
- In a small bowl, combine wasabi, mirin, soy sauce and vinegar. Pour half into a shallow glass or ceramic dish, reserving the remainder.
Add steak to dish and coat with marinade. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a chargrill pan or barbecue hotplate to medium-high. Drain the steak of excess marinade, lightly spray with oil and cook for 2-3 minutes each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, loosely cover with foil and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan of boiling water, cook soba noodles according to packet instructions, or until al dente. Add broccolini for last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain well.
- Slice beef thinly. In a large bowl, combine noodles, broccolini, spinach, capsicum, onion and beef. Add reserved marinade and gently toss to combine. Garnish with sesame seeds to serve.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free noodles and soy sauce. Check wasabi and mirin are gluten free.
Make it vegan: Use tofu instead of beef. Check mirin and rice wine vinegar are vegan.
Make it low FODMAP: Choose broccoli instead of broccolini. Replace red onion with finely chopped spring onion (only use the green tips).