Vege and quinoa kedgeree
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 egg
- oil spray
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup cooked rice and quinoa (use a ready-steamed pack if you like)
- 1/2 cup water
- 70g smoked fish, flaked
- juice of 1/2 lime or lemon
- 1/2 small cucumber, sliced
- sprinkle of chilli flakes, to serve
- fresh coriandercilantroX leaves, to serve
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 9g
- Bring a pot of water to the boil. Boil egg for 6-7 minutes until medium hard-boiled. Once cool, peel and quarter.
- Spray pan with oil and place over a medium heat. Add spring onion and ginger and stir for 1 minute. Add spices, sprouts, broccoli and stir. Cook for 1 minute more.
- Add rice and water and bring to a simmer. Cook until liquid is absorbed. Add fish and lemon juice and mix through. Serve kedgeree topped with egg, cucumber, chilli and coriander.
Make it gluten free: Check ground spices and smoked fish are gluten free.
Make it vegan: Omit egg and use tofu instead of fish.