Tuna with vegetable strips and risoni
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- ¾ cup risoni pasta or other small pasta
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 carrots, spiralised or cut into ribbons
- 4 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, spiralised or cut into ribbons
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 425g canned tuna in springwater, drained
- 4 store bought, oil-free roasted capsicums, chopped
- ¹/³ cup toasted pine nuts
- ¼ cup fresh baby basil or chopped fresh parsley, to serve
- squeeze of lemon juice, to serve
Total fat 16g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 8g
1 In a saucepan of boiling salted water, cook pasta following packet instructions, until tender. Meanwhile, in a large pan, heat oil over medium. Cook garlic for a few minutes, add carrots and courgettes and cook for 3-4 minutes, until tender.
2 Drain pasta. To carrots and courgettes, add capers, tuna, capsicum and pine nuts. Toss lightly. Heat for 4-5 minutes. Season with black pepper. Serve with basil and a squeeze of lemon.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta.
Make it vegan: Use canned vegan tuna substitute or Gardein Golden Fishless Filets, cooked following packet instructions and cut into small cubes.
Make it low FODMAP: Use gluten-free pasta, 2 tablespoons garlic-infused oil instead of garlic and limit courgette to 260g.