Tuna quinoa salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 250g quinoa
- 4 cups salad vegetables such as cucumber, snow peas, sugar snaps, green pepper and onion, diced
- 1 lemon, juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Moroccan seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 x 280g cans tuna in spring water, drained
- 100g green olives, pitted
Total fat 16g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 Place quinoa in a saucepan with 600ml water and bring to the boil. Lower heat, cover and simmer until water is absorbed (about 15 minutes). Cool slightly.
2 Steam or microwave snow peas or sugar snaps if using.
3 Mix lemon juice, oil, Moroccan seasoning and parsley. Add to quinoa.
4 Add tuna, broken in chunks, and the remaining vegetables with olives. Adjust seasoning and serve with lemon slices and parsley.
Make it gluten free: Check Moroccan seasoning is gluten free.