Tofu and leek stir-fry
- 2 x 250g packets quick-cook brown rice
- 300g firm tofu, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 leek, thinly sliced, rinsed
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon each minced garlic and ginger
- 1 cup grated or spiralised courgette
- 1 cup grated or spiralised carrot
- 1 red capsicum, seeds removed, sliced
- ½ cup frozen edamame beans, thawed
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced, plus extra to garnish
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
1 Cook rice following packet directions and keep warm until ready to serve.
2 In a shallow dish, place tofu slices and drizzle over tamari.
3 In a large frying pan or wok, heat oil on high. Add tofu slices and tamari to pan and cook until golden on both sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
4 Add leek, onion, garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add courgette, carrot, capsicum and edamame and sauté for 5 minutes. Add spinach, spring onions and tofu to the pan. Toss together and cook for another minute to reheat tofu and wilt spinach.
5 Serve immediately with rice, topped with extra spring onion and a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds.
Make it gluten free: Check tofu and tamari are gluten free.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information