- 1 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh ginger, finely shredded
- 1 teaspoon ground coriandercilantroX
- 6 tablespoons chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 300g frozen sweetcorn
- 400g can creamed corn
- 3¼ cups reduced-s4alt vegetable stock
- 3 teaspoons reduced-salt light soy sauce
- 3 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- fresh coriandercilantroX leaves, to garnish
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, to serve
1 Heat the 1 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil in the insert pan of your slow cooker or a non-stick frying pan over a medium-low heat. Add the onion, garlic, ginger and coriander and sauté for 7–8 min without browning. Increase the heat to medium-high, add the rice wine or sherry and cook for 1–2 min until the liquid has been reduced by two-thirds. Alternatively, put the ingredients in the slow cooker and cook, covered, for 20–30 min until the onion is soft.
2 Return the insert pan, if using, to the slow cooker, or transfer the veg mixture to the slow cooker. Add the sweetcorn, creamed corn, stock and soy sauce. Season with pepper and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 3 hr.
3 Remove the lid and immediately pour in the beaten eggs in a slow stream, while stirring with a fork, until the egg creates small ribbons.
To serve, season with pepper and serve with a drizzle of sesame oil, garnished with coriander.
TO COOK ON THE HOB, follow step 1 using a non-stick frying pan. In step 2, transfer the mixture to a saucepan and complete the recipe, cooking for 45 min–1 hr on lowest heat.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 2.2g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information