Spinach, broccoli and pesto open omelette with lemon ricotta
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- oil spray
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons trim milk
- 1 cup bite-sized broccoli florets, lightly steamed
- 1 tablespoon basil pesto
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup peas
- 2 tablespoons ricotta
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- squeeze of lemon juice
- black pepper
- chilli flakes, to serve (optional)
- 2 slices toasted grainy bread, to serve
Total fat 29g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 13g
- Spray a small pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. In a small bowl combine eggs and milk then pour mixture into pan. Pull mixture away from edges of pan using a spatula and let uncooked egg flow into the space. After a minute, scatter over broccoli and push gently into egg mixture. Dollop over pesto, then scatter spinach and peas on top.
- Place a lid over pan and let omelette cook another 2 minutes, or until top is set and spinach is wilted.
- While omelette is cooking, in a bowl combine ricotta, lemon zest and juice.
- Serve omelette garnished with lemon ricotta and seasoned with black pepper and chilli flakes (if desired) and toast on the side.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and check pesto is gluten free.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us