Spicy vege pilaf
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1-1 1/2 tablespoons curry paste
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- 1 1/4 cups basmati rice
- 1 cup salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 500g packet frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
Total fat 3g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 10g
1 Heat a large oiled saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add curry paste, chickpeas and rice. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute until fragrant.
2 Add stock and 1 1/2 cups water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover. Simmer for 10-12 minutes until rice is almost tender, adding vegetables halfway through cooking. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Stir in spinach. Scatter with parsley.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free varieties of curry paste and vegetable stock.