Spiced apricot and sour cream slice
- 100g reduced-fat spread, melted
- 1¹⁄³ cups gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1 cup gluten-free plain flourall purpose flourX
- ¹⁄³ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 425g can apricot halves in light syrup, drained (reserving 2 tablespoons syrup)
- 250g extra-light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 Preheat oven to 160ºC. Grease and line a 26cm x 16cm slice pan with baking paper, extending the paper at long sides for handles.
2 Process table spread, flours, coconut, maple syrup, chia seeds, nutmeg and 1 egg in a food processor or blender until combined. Press mixture over base of prepared pan. Level surface. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
3 Arrange apricot halves over slice base. Whisk remaining eggs, reserved apricot syrup, sour cream, and vanilla in a bowl. Pour over apricots. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake for 20 minutes, or until just set. Remove from oven. Cool for 15 minutes. Then chill for 2 hours, or until firm. Cut into 16 squares, to serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8.1g
–Saturated fat 3.5g
Dietary fibre 2.3g
You can make this slice up to three days ahead. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us