Spaghetti with tuna, lemon and broccoli
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 teaspoons iodised salt
- 500g packet spaghetti
- 185g can tuna in spring water, drained
- 1/2 x 250g packet frozen broccoli
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted (optional)
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 13g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add the salt to the water once boiled, then add the spaghetti. Cook until al dente (firm to the bite – don't over-cook!).
2 Approximately 2 minutes before you take the pasta off the stove, add the frozen broccoli to the pot (this saves using another pot!) Once the brocolli is cooked, drain the pasta.
3 Toss the pasta with the drained tuna, broccoli, pine nuts, lemon zest and olive oil. Squeeze the lemon juice over. Divide into 4 bowls and top with parmesan cheese.