Spaghetti with bacon and Brussels sprouts
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 320g wholemeal spaghetti
- olive oil spray
- 6 middle bacon slices (100g), fat-trimmed, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 300g Brussels sprouts, chopped
- 1 cup salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1/4 cup (40g) pine nuts, toasted
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 14g
1 Cook spaghetti following packet instructions. Drain and return to saucepan. Set aside.
2 Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Spray with oil. Cook bacon for 2 minutes. Add garlic. Cook for 30 seconds. Add Brussels sprouts and stock. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until sprouts are softened.
3 Add to spaghetti and toss to combine. Spoon into bowls. Top with pine nuts and tomatoes. Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley, if desired.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us