Pumpkin soup with cannellini beans
- 1 tablespoon light olive
- 1 onion, chopped
- ¼ medium butternut squash (or any pumpkin), peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- pinch freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
- 2 ½ cups very low salt vegetable stock
- ½ x 400g can cannellini beans in water, drained
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat Greek yogurt
1 Heat the oil in a large saucepan (that has a lid) over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for about 5 min or until softened. Add the squash, carrot, garlic, ginger and nutmeg, if using. Stir and continue to cook for a few min. Add the stock and bring to the boil, then lower the heat, cover the pan with the lid and simmer for about 20 min or until the vegetables are tender.
2 Remove the pan from the heat, then blend the soup until smooth using a blender, food processor or stick blender.
3 Return the soup to the pan, then add the beans and heat through. Divide the soup between 2 bowls, season with pepper and top with a dollop of Greek yogurt to serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7.3g
–Saturated fat 1.2g
Dietary fibre 8.1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.