Pesto chicken, pepita and rocket salad
- 160g packet mixed leaf rocketarugulaX salad mix
- 2 cups shredded barbecue chicken breast
- 250g pouch microwavable black rice
- 200g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons pepitas, toasted
- 70g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
- ¹⁄³ cup small basil leaves
- Pesto dressing
- ¼ cup chunky-style basil pesto
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 Make the pesto dressing by whisking the pesto dip and the lemon juice with 1½ tablespoons of water. Set aside.
2 Combine salad leaves, chicken, black rice, tomatoes and half of the pepitas on a serving platter. Drizzle with the pesto dressing. Top with the feta, basil and the remaining pepitas.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 2.4g
Dietary fibre 2g
Depending on the brand of pesto dip you use, you may need to thin the dressing with a tablespoon of olive oil to reach desired consistency.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us