Open kimchi chicken burger
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 150g skinless chicken breast
- 1 carrot, julienned or grated
- 1 courgette, julienned or grated
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1/2 grainy burger bun
- 1/2 cup watercress
- 1 slice reduced-fat tasty cheese (we used Noble)
- 2 tablespoons kimchi (see tip)
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 8g
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place chicken breast on tray and cook for 25 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine carrot and courgette. Add half the mayonnaise and half the yoghurt and stir to combine. Toast bun.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining mayonnaise and yoghurt and spread on bun, followed by watercress, chicken, cheese and half the kimchi. Top bun with slaw mixture, keeping some to serve on the side.
- In a bowl, combine remaining kimchi and slaw. Serve chicken burger with slaw mixture on the side.
Kimchi is a fermented cabbage and vegetable mix originating in Korea. Find kimchi in supermarkets or Asian stores.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us