- spray oil, to grease
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained
- ⅔ cup no added sugar peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
- ⅓ cup brown rice malt syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup self-raising flour
- ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
1 Heat the oven to 180ºC/160ºC/gas 4. Line the base and sides of a 11cm wide x 7cm high loaf tin with non-stick baking paper and spray with oil.
2 Put all the ingredients except the macadamia nuts in a food processor and blend until smooth. Remove the blade from the food processor, then add the nuts to the bowl. Roughly stir with a spoon to combine.
3 Transfer the mixture to the loaf tin and spread evenly. Bake for 20–25 min until golden and the middle is just firm but still a little squidgy.
4 Remove from the oven and leave to cool. Slice into 6, then cut each slice in half again.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 1.8g
Dietary fibre 1.6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.