Kimchi buckwheat bowl
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 cup toasted buckwheat groats
- 1 cup shelled edamame beans
- 2 radishes, very finely sliced
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, sliced into ribbons
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup chilli vegannaise (¼ cup vegan mayonnaise plus ½ teaspoon chilli flakes)
- 1 cup kimchi
- 1 sheet nori, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- handful fresh coriandercilantroX leaves, to serve
- sriracha (optional)
Total fat 28g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 12g
1 Rinse and drain buckwheat well. In a saucepan, cover buckwheat with 4 cups water and a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2 Thoroughly rinse and drain cooked buckwheat and divide among 4 bowls. Arrange edamame, radish, bean sprouts, cucumber and avocado over the buckwheat. drizzle with vegannaise and top with kimchi, nori, sesame seeds and coriander.
3 Drizzle with sriracha or shoyu sauce (see right), if desired.
Make it gluten free: Check mayonnaise, sriracha and shoyu are gluten free.
Despite it’s name, buckwheat is gluten free. Mainly carbohydrate, it is not a grain, it’s actually a seed.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.