Creamy chicken and vegetable korma
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- oil spray
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, cut in 3cm pieces
- 500g skinless chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, cut in 3cm pieces
- 3 tablespoons korma curry paste
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 300g kumara, peeled, chopped in 1cm pieces
- 150g green beans, halved
- 1 cup corn sweetcornXkernels
- 3/4 cup evaporated soy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut essence
- 3 cups cooked jasmine rice, to serve
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 Spray a large saucepan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Add onion and capsicum. Cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
2 Place a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Spray chicken with oil and brown in batches. Transfer to saucepan with onion as each batch is browned.
3 Add curry paste to frying pan and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and stir until boiling. Transfer to saucepan. Add kumara to saucepan.
4 Bring mixture to the boil then reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes, until chicken is cooked and kumara is tender. Add beans and corn. Simmer for another 5 minutes until beans are just tender. Add evaporated soy milk and coconut essence and stir until warmed through. Serve with jasmine rice.
Make it gluten free: Check korma curry paste is gluten free.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us