Chicken, prawn and chorizo risotto
(at time of publication)
- 4 cups salt-reduced chicken, fish or vegetable stock (made with 4 teaspoons stock powder)
- 4 cups water
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 chorizo sausage, diced, or other delicatessen meat
- 1 teaspoon Tuscan Cajun seasoning
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup wine
- 180g frozen, skinless lean chicken breast, defrosted
- 150g frozen prawns, defrosted
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas or canned beans
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
1 Heat liquid stock and water in a large saucepan and keep at a simmer.
2 Cook onion in oil in a large non-stick pan until softened. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add chorizo and seasoning. Cook for 1 minute.
3 Stir in rice. Add wine and stir. Add hot stock, 2 ladlefuls at a time, stirring until stock is absorbed. Repeat until almost all liquid is absorbed. Rice will be creamy and thick in texture.
4 While rice is cooking, spray a frying pan with oil and cook chicken until lightly golden. Cut in small pieces.
5 When all the liquid is almost completely absorbed in the rice, add chicken and prawns. Cook for 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and peas. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir in parmesan. Season to taste.
Chopped fresh parsley (to garnish), mixed salad
- Use frozen marinara mix and any frozen or fresh veges you have in the fridge, chopped.
- Add canned beans.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free varieties of stock powder, chorizo and seasoning.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 3g
Last updated date: 6 November 2018
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us