Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 4 x 150g chicken breast fillets
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped fresh herbs such as chives, parsley
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon trim milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- oil spray
- 6 cups steamed green beans, to serve
- 600g steamed new potatoes, to serve
Total fat 16g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Cut a pocket into the thick side of each chicken breast, being careful not to cut all the way through. Place ricotta, herbs, garlic and lemon zest into a small mixing bowl and stir until well combined. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Stuff each pocket with one-quarter of the ricotta mixture.
2 Place flour in a shallow bowl. In a second bowl, lightly beat milk and egg together and place breadcrumbs in a third bowl. Dip a piece of chicken into flour to coat then into egg mix then breadcrumbs. Repeat with remaining chicken.
3 Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and place over a high heat. Cook chicken for 2 minutes each side or until golden brown. Remove from pan and transfer to a large baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 12 more minutes or until cooked through.
4 Thickly slice chicken and serve with beans and potatoes.
- Use oil spray and bake rather than fry to reduce the fat and kilojoule contents.
- Use ricotta cheese instead of butter and cheese to reduce fat, saturated fat and kilojoules.
- 50g fat
- 25g sat fat
- 340mg sodium
- Use chopped spinach instead of herbs.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free breadcrumbs and flour.
This dish is suitable to freeze after step 2.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us