Chicken and vegetable tray bake
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 1cm chunks
- ¾ cup celeriac, cut into 1cm chunks
- 1 red onion, chopped into wedges
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless free-range chicken thighs, cut in half
- finely grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 8 broccolini, halved lengthways if thick
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint and flatleaf parsley, to serve
1 Heat the oven to 200°C/ fan 180°C/gas 6. Toss the carrot, celeriac and onion chunks with ½ teaspoon of the olive oil in a roasting tin. In a bowl, toss the chicken with the remaining oil and the lemon zest. Arrange the chicken and red capsicum slices on top of the vegetables. Put the tin in the oven and roast for 25 minutes.
2 Add the broccoli to the roasting tin, toss everything together and roast for another 10 min until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Add lemon juice to taste, then scatter over the herbs and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6.1g
–Saturated fat 1.3g
Dietary fibre 7.9g
Last updated date: 11 August 2020
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information