Blueberry muffins made healthier
- 2 medium eggs
- 250ml jar apple sauce
- 5 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 cup trim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or paste
- 1½ cups plain wholemeal flour
- ¾ cup plain flourall purpose flourX
- 3½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 1¼ cups blueberries, thawed if frozen
- 1 teaspoons icingfrostingX sugar, sifted, to dust
1 Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper muffin cases.
2 In a bowl, lightly beat the eggs, apple sauce, olive oil, trim milk and vanilla extract or paste.
3 Sift the flours, baking powder and sugar into a large bowl and pour in the egg mixture. Add two-thirds of the blueberries and mix until just combined.
4 Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases and scatter with the remaining blueberries. Bake for 20–25 min, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
Once cool, dust with icing sugar before serving.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6.3g
–Saturated fat 1.1g
Dietary fibre 3g
Last updated date: 27 November 2020
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information