Bean vege burgers
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 x 425g cans four-bean mix, drained, rinsed
- 1/3 cup (60g) roughly chopped oil-free sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- olive oil spray
- To serve
- 4 whole grain bread rolls, sliced in half
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 225g can sliced beetrootbeetsX, drained
- 1/4 cup hummus
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 17g
1 Place beans in a food processor and blend until roughly chopped, or mash with a fork. Transfer to a large bowl. Add sun-dried tomatoes, chives, garlic, chilli flakes and 1/4 cup breadcrumbs. Combine well. Shape into 4 patties.
2 Place remaining breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl. Lightly coat patties with crumbs. Spray patties with olive oil.
3 Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add patties and cook each side for 2-3 minutes or until golden and heated through.
4 To serve, place base of rolls on 4 serving plates. Top with lettuce, bean patty, tomato, beetroot and a spoonful of hummus. Cover filling with top of rolls. Serve.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us